- Feb 25, 2017: TECHLAV sponsored and organized FIRST Tech Challenge
workshop for Guilford County Schools teachers on 2/25/2017.
Read more ...
- Feb 21, 2017: A team from Volvo Heavy Trucks visited TECHLAV Center on
Feb. 21. The team met TECHLAV faculty and researchers, got familiar with TECHLAV
research capabilities, and discussed the active projects under TECHLAV, and
possible future collaborations.
- July 24-25 2016: TECHLAV’s first annual meeting was held from July 24, 2016
to July 25, 2016 in Greensboro, NC. The meeting brought together researchers from
academia, military, and industry.
Read more ...
- April 20-21 2016: Congratulations to the TECHLAV sponsored team members of SIPI for being
ranked 3rd among 12 competing teams in NASA Swarmathon National Physical Competition held
at the NASA Kennedy Space Center, in Florida.
Read more ...
- On March 22, 2016, TECHLAV center graduate students were a part of the 5th Annual
COE Graduate Research Poster Competition at N.C. A&T State University. They proudly represented
their TECHLAV supported research and achievements.
Read more ...
- March 2016: Sponsored by TECHLAV, Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
(SIPI) delivered a “ Rover Technology” STEM course at the Bernalillo High School.
Read more ...
- October 9, 2015: Dr. Homaifar met with Ms. Jasmine Spencer from Fox 8
news to discuss our research projects and record a video of some of the lab
activities. It was aired later on that day and the article and video can be
found in the following link:
- September 21-22, 2015: Drs. Homaifar and Karimoddini attended a Technical
Exchange Meeting hosted by the Air Force Research Lab in Rome, NY. The purpose
of this meeting was for the scientists and engineers at the Information Directorate
to get a sense of the depth of research being done at all the Centers of Excellence.
This was a great opportunity for the researchers from the different Centers to learn
more about the other Centers research as well.
- September 2015: Drs. Homaifar and Kelly were interviewed by the legendary
WFMT-TV anchor, Sandra Hughes. Below is a link to an article which appeared in
September 19th’s Greensboro
News & Record, 'Triad Perspectives'.
- September 2015: The TECHLAV supported work “Altitude Regulation of
Quadrotor Types of UAVs Considering Communication Delays,” by Stephen Armah and
Sun Yi, was presented at 12th IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems.
- August 2015: The TECHLAV supported research work “Cooperative Tasking for
Deterministic Specification Automata,” by M. Karimadini, H. Lin, A. Karimoddini
was published at Asian Journal of Control. [PDF]
- August 2015: The TECHLAV supported research work “Developing an Interval
Fuzzy Type-2 TSK Controller” by N. Enyinna, A. Karimoddini, D. Opoku, A. Homaifar,
S. Arnold was presented at the 34th Annual IEEE Conference of NAFIPS at Redmond, WA.
- August 2015: The TECHLAV supported research work
“Design and Implementation of an Autonomous Wireless Sensor-based Smart Home,” by C. Osiegbu,
S. Amsalu, F. Afghah, D. Limbrick and, A. Homaifar was presented at the 24th International
Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN'15). [PDF]
- August 7, 2015: The Testing, Evaluation, and Control of Heterogeneous
Large-Scale Systems of Autonomous Vehicles (TECHLAV) center, headed by Dr.
Homaifar, sponsored by DoD, had its official kickoff meeting at Arlington VA.
- June 2015: The TECHLAV supported research work
“Switched Linear System Identification based on Bounded-Switching Clustering,”
by M.G. Sefidmazgi, M.M. Kordmahalleh, A. Homaifar, A. Karimoddini,
was presented at The IEEE American Control Conference, Chicago, 2015.
- June 2015: Homaifar and Karimoddini were funded $180,000 by General Infomatics Inc (GI).
For developing “Data Driven Techniques for Testing and Evaluation of Unmanned and Autonomous Systems”.
- June 8-9, 2015: Drs. Homaifar and Karimoddini gave a talk at the DoD Technical
Assistance Training venue at NCA&T. Also, Dr. Homaifar was also presented with the
‘Award Of Appreciation’ by the Office of Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity at DoD.
- May 20, 2015: TECHLAV Organized a technical panel session on TECHLAV:
Testing, Evaluation and Control of Heterogeneous Large-scale Autonomous systems
of Vehicles at the 10th IEEE International
Conference on System of Systems Engineering, San Antonio, TX. From the
TECHLAV researchers, Drs Jamshidi, Homaifar, and Karimoddini, and from the
TECHLAV advisory board, Drs. Barry L. Burks, Paul Hershey, Edward Tunstel
discussed different aspects of testing, evaluation, control of large-scale
autonomous systems of vehicles.
- May 20, 2015: Several TECHLAV supported research works were presented
at the 10th IEEE International
Conference on System of Systems Engineering, San Antonio, TX
- “Cognitive Interference Avoidance in 4th Generation GPS,” by B. Kelley,
G. Parra, D. Akopian. [PDF]
- “Design of a Home Multi-Robot System for the Elderly and Disabled,” by
P. Benavidez, M. Kumar, S. Agaian , M. Jamshidi.
- “Software Interface Design for Home-Based Assistive Multi-Robot System,”
by P. Benavidez, M. Kumar, B. Erol, M. Jamshidi, S. Agaian.
- “A Fast Map-Reduce Algorithm for Burst Errors in Big Data Cloud Storage,”
by X. Qin , B. Kelley, M. Saedy.
- May 6, 2015: Dr. Karimoddini delivered a technical session at the
2015 AUVSI Unmanned Systems Conference in ATLANTA, GA.
- April 2015: Our research team was funded $5 million by the
Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
to establish a Center of Excellence in Autonomy.
Read More …