Post-Doctoral Position in Machine Learning
The Testing, Evaluation, and Control of Heterogeneous Large Scale systems of Autonomous Vehicles (TECHLAV) Center, located in the Inter-Disciplinary Research Center (IRC) at NC A&T State University, invites applications for a full-time, post-doctoral research associate position in Machine Learning. Specific areas of research interest include:
- Approximate reasoning in particular Fuzzy Type-2 and handling of uncertainty
- Data representation, data management and learning
This is a non-tenure-track, year-to-year appointment, renewable annually for up to four years subjected to satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the Center. The research results of this project are expected to reach a high Technology Readiness Level (TRL) to be applied to testing and evaluation of autonomous vehicles. We thus look for applicants that have a demonstrated track record in the applications of Machine Learning techniques to systems and control problems. Programming skills and practical experiences with embedded real-time systems are desired.
The candidate will be also working with both undergraduate and graduate students in a mentoring role, and will be involved in teaching relevant courses, conducting workshops, and seminars. The candidate will enjoy a dynamic and collaborative working environment. U.S. citizenship is preferred and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If interested, please apply electronically by sending a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of your top three publications, the summary of your PhD thesis, names and contact information of three references, and other information that might be relevant to your application to Dr. Homaifar (Homaifar@ncat.edu), TECHLAV Director, or Dr. Karimoddini (firstname.lastname@example.org), Deputy Director of TECHLAV.
PhD and MS positions are available at TECHLAV Center!
- Recent B.S. in related fields
- Demonstrated experience in areas related to TECHLAV research Thrusts
- Recent M.S. in areas related to TECHLAV research Thrusts is desired for PhD applicants
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is desired. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply, submit the following to a relevant faculty member or Mrs. Shar Seyedin (Phone: (336) 285-3271 , E-mail: email@example.com):
- Your curriculum vitae (C.V.) including publications (if any)
- Statement of purpose including relevant background courses and interests in the indicated research Thrust
- Contact information (e-mail and phone) of two references
- Academic Transcripts
- A one-page abstract of your master’s thesis, if applicable
Sophomore and Junior undergraduate students from Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computational Science or other Engineering Departments who are interested in research opportunities in Robotics can contact a relevant faculty member or Mrs. Shar Seyedin (Phone: (336) 285-3271 , E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).